GBV is a violation of human rights with serious impacts on the health and social status of survivors. International humanitarian and development agencies are increasingly engaging on the issue of Gender Based Violence . One of the ways being through gender mainstreaming.
This course introduces participants to general definitions, concepts legal frameworks related to gender-based violence. Prevention and response programming, as well as models underpinning mainstreaming and targeted actions on GBV, and the need for coordinated approaches will be covered. The course will provide basic knowledge and skills on GBV international humanitarian and development organizations staff aiming to deepen their understanding and engagement on gender based violence responsive programming.
The topics to be covered include the following;
- Gender based violence definitions, and its causes and consequences
- Understanding of different approaches to preventing and responding to GBV,
- Gender mainstreaming and specific actions on GBV
- Gender based violence programming
- Monitoring and Evaluation of GBV programmes in Humanitarian Context
Course Begins on 1st of every month for 3 Months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €550 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage