Statistics show that there are more than 27.5 million internally displaced people worldwide, an alarming figure as they are more than double the number of refugees globally. This group of people is more vulnerable to human abuses as compared to refugees due to a limited number of legal instruments that are concerned with them. IDPS normally run away from armed conflict, generalized violence, human rights violations and even natural disasters that are as a result of climatic changes. All the fore mentioned factors are still escalating globally more so issues to deal with climatic changes as well as armed conflicts in terms of terrorism and the number of IDPs is going up each day.
The course will equip learners with institutions that serve and protect IDPs and critically examine contemporary situations around the world with practical and operational lenses to provide participants with knowledge and skills in improving the quality of intervention and analysis.
The topics to be covered include the following;
- Introduction to IDPs apropos other groups of forced migrants
- Case studies and regional responses
- Challenges, global trends and the future of IDP protection
- Human rights and protection concerns
- Legal and practical tools, including the guiding principles and cluster approach in protection of rights of IDPs.
- IDPs and durable solutions
Course Begins on 1st of every month for 3 Months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €550 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage