Effective coordination of humanitarian assistance remains an elusive doctrine in the leadership on humanitarian organizations and it is very important for such organizations to be led with a lot of integrity. This course will address some of the issues that are widely perceived as a coordination dilemma in humanitarian affairs and argues for a new conceptualization of the issues. Rather than continue to request more that authority be vested in a single organization to secure coordination through top-down control, it contends that it might be timely to consider whether relief agencies involved in any crisis resolution should be reconceived as social networks and efforts made to achieve changes in their organizational cultures that encourage operational coordination across institutional lines.
At the end of the course learners are supposed to be acquainted with skills in leadership competencies and how to develop the same; develop an understanding for contexts and trends, development of self-awareness and ability to develop and encourage adaptation.
The topics to be covered include;
- General introduction to leadership
- Importance of effective leadership
- Models to effective leadership
- The leader’s role in decision making and taking responsibility during failures
- Adaptive and invitations
- Competencies and values of a leader who is learning
- Diagnosis and pragmatic analysis as a constituent of effective leadership
- The significance of relationships, networks and communication in a humanitarian organization
Course Begins on 1st of every month for 3 Months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €550 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage