Rapid expansion of a number of humanitarian actors in the recent years due to increased number of crises, working for or with governments in all complex situations, renders humanitarian diplomacy very important. The main agenda behind humanitarian diplomacy is to mobilize public and governmental support and even resources for humanitarian operations and programs so as to facilitate effective partnerships for responding to the needs of vulnerable people. Humanitarian diplomacy includes advocacy, negotiation, communication and formal agreements. Humanitarian diplomacy has many players including governments at all levels, international organizations, non-governmental organizations the private sector and individuals.
The course is aimed at enabling the learners to clearly explain the concept of humanitarian diplomacy, explain how to influence negotiations through evidence based approach, and be in a position to plan a persuasion campaign and analysis of case studies of humanitarian diplomacy.
The topics to be covered include the following;
- An introduction to humanitarian Diplomacy
- The humanitarian diplomacy tool kit
- Humanitarian diplomacy beyond negotiations
- Humanitarian contexts that influence negotiation outcomes
- Case studies in humanitarian diplomacy
- Humanitarian diplomacy actors
- How humanitarian diplomacy is performed-persuasion and advocacy skills
Course Begins on 1st of every month for three months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €550 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage