The course gives recognition to vulnerabilities faced by the poor and marginalized as well as the disproportionate impact of disasters endured by them in the developing world.
It defines humanitarian response within the framework of an understanding of development, with vulnerability and disaster risk reduction as an integral part of development. In this course, the study of disaster risk reduction, disaster response and post-disaster recovery will be grounded in the values of justice, equity and social inclusion.
The course addresses disaster management in the following holistic manner: pre-disaster preparedness and mitigation; rescue and relief in the context of disaster; post disaster rehabilitation, reconstruction and recovery; and disaster risk reduction.
The topics to be covered include the following;
- Introduction to development
- Information communication and geo-informatics technologies in disasters
- Disaster response and post disaster recovery
- Introduction to hazards, vulnerabilities and disasters
- Humanitarian principles and values
- Disaster risk reduction and development planning
Course Begins on 1st of every month for three months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €550 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage