The increasing complexity, scale and scope of humanitarian action calls for enhanced professionalism to manage humanitarian programs and projects. Professionals working in humanitarian organizations are required to be equipped with a number of competencies to be able to deliver services they are called for in a diligent manner.
This course examines management fundamentals across the diverse humanitarian stakeholder mix. It begins with theoretical and conceptual underpinnings that characterize human action, the module critically analyses the more salient management issues and challenges in the contemporary humanitarian action, and examines the more commonly applied models and strategies employed across a range of management functions.
Classroom teaching will include lectures, class discussions, videos, oral presentations, written assignments and group projects.
The topics to be covered include the following;
- Introduction; humanitarian principles, humanitarian system, management fundamentals, leadership, coordination and accountability
- Logistics; purchases, transport, stock control and distribution, management of technical assets such as vehicles, food, vaccinations and refugee care items
- Personnel management
- Management process-issues of intervention; strategic planning, programs and projects
- Project management; context analysis, project planning and project implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation: project design
- Security management
- Financial management; budgeting and management
Course Begins on 1st of every month for 3 Months.
Course Level: Certificate Course
Cost: Amount €550 ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
To register for this course, kindly contact
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage