Changemaker International was founded in the Hague, Netherlands in 2014 to provide development services to the international development community and share development resources to actors in the developing world. Our key services are capacity building, international lobbying and development communications. For more information visit (www.changeinstitute.nl)
International development places focus on socio-economic development issues of concern to the developing countries in contrast to the developed world . Issues such as poverty, foreign aid, conflicts, governance, human rights, climate change and global inequalities are central to the theme of internal development. However, to work in the field of international development, one needs to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to function effectively in challenging circumstances
The objective of this course therefore is to equip learners with knowledge to understand and analyze contemporary issues in international development .
The course accords students an opportunity to understand development processes, interventions, theories, policies and government structures in the global context. The course is structured around some key questions including:
- What does “development” mean ?
- Experience of development influenced theories of development?
- The role of the state in development?
- The role of international development organizations
- The role of (NGOs) as development actors?
- What is sustainable development and how can it be achieved?
- Is foreign aid effective?
- What is economic development?
- Practicing development in a way that is respectful of local knowledge, cultures and diverse individual aspirations?
- Introduction to International Development Studies
- What is Development?
- Theories of Development
- The State and Development
- Free trade & Fair Trade
- Environment and Development
- Foreign Aid
- Gender & Development
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainable Development
This course is offered through distance learning.
Course Period: Six Months ( Course starts on 1st of Every Month)
Course Levels: Diploma in International Development
Course Amount 900 Euros ( Inclusive of 21% VAT)
Course participants will strengthen their skills through practical exercises based on their day to day work experiences.
To register for this course, kindly contact:
The Training Manager
Zuiderbrink 63, Gravenhage
Zuid Holland, 2553GE
Phone : +31616950384 /+31616086526